EDDIE THE EMU
- 29 cm x 20 cm
(11 x 8 inches)
- Mont Marte ‘Signature’ acrylic paints
- Derwent Academy acid-free 300gsm artist’s paper
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Prints & giftware available
This gorgeous Australian emu painting was inspired by a memory of visiting Caversham Wildlife Park in Perth, Western Australia, when I was younger. Not knowing what to expect, I was sent into the emu enclosure with a loaf of bread and was suddenly surrounded by about twenty emus. Their head height is 5-6 feet tall. So there they were, eyeballing me for some bread. There’s a fabulous photo of it somewhere, I’ll keep looking. Although I was surrounded, I didn’t feel scared. It was like they calmed me. I’ve never forgotten that feeling.
Australian Emu Painting
From my RUOK? series, Eddie is watching over you, checking you are okay. Eddie is an iconic Australian bird, with classic emu eyes! I carefully constructed Eddie using many, many deliberate brush strokes. The abstract green background represents the Australian bush.
The emu is associated with guidance and wisdom. But a dream about an emu can represent restlessness – a need to get moving.
The Australian emu is one of the animals featured on the Australian Coat of Arms, along with a kangaroo. These two animals were chosen for the Coat of Arms as they represent ‘moving forward’ because neither animal can move backwards easily. You can’t tell that (about moving) from my Australian emu painting, but I did capture his amazing crazy eyeballs well.
My favourite part of this painting is (obviously) his beautiful eyes. Do they follow you around the room? 💖
This short video shows some close-ups of Eddie The Emu.
My favourite feedback on this painting:
- Susan: “His eyes are brilliant it’s exactly how they look! Emus are bonkers!“
- Kym: “That look on Eddie is timeless and priceless! I love your video BTW! It speaks intimately of his evolution, and yes ma’am he makes me smile too my friend!!! 😊💖🤗”
- Brenda: “I love Eddie! He has so much character! If I didn’t know better, I would think he is smiling at some secret he is hiding.”
- Tony: “You really nailed his eyes, I believe he’s watching me and follows when I move my device. Lovely painting!“
This emu painting has been included in the following exhibitions:
- 2022 LightSpaceTime – finalist in the 12th Annual Animals Art Exhibition, with special recognition
Eddie will be watching over you, making sure you’re okay.
I love mixing colours to achieve something inspirational. My greatest joy is when my art makes someone else happy.
All artwork is copyright © Sandra Burns. All rights reserved.
Acrylic painting with Certificate of Authenticity
“Thank you for my Emu painting. He’s gorgeous.”BERYL, April 2022