- 20 cm x 29 cm
(8 x 11 inches)
- Acrylic painting
- On 300gsm artist’s paper
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Free shipping
- A$295 (unframed)
- ONE ONLY, original painting
- Scroll down for framed options
One of the largest birds on Earth, the Pelican is an ancient symbol of healing and renewal. Having a Pelican as your spirit guide indicates your selflessness and how you genuinely care about others. Pelicans are a reminder to love yourself while being a part of something bigger.
Australian Pelican Painting
Nature has many healing powers and animals are one of the great healers. The joy of spending time with animals is a fantastic boost to your wellbeing.
Believed to have pierced its breast with its beak to feed blood to its young, the pelican became a symbol of Christ sacrificing himself for man. The pelican is symbolic of humility, sacrifice, generosity, and unity. When you have a Pelican dream, it usually indicates your selflessness and how you put yourself before others. This beautiful Australian Pelican painting represents all of these things.
Pelicans are big and awkward on the ground, yet graceful in the water and in the sky. I photographed this particular pelican at the South Perth Foreshore and have used him many times in sketches and artwork since. I remember talking to him calmly and stepping closer and closer. When I thought I was close enough, I crouched down to take an amazing photo. I thanked him and went on my way. It was a heart-warming experience for me, for him to let me get so close. A memory that will stay with me forever. This Australian Pelican painting is my tribute to beautiful Pelican Pete (as I named him).
Inspired by a photo I took at the South Perth Foreshore, I decided to zoom in on this beautiful pelican for the painting.
My favourite part of this painting is the beak with all of its folds and contours. 💖
This short video shows how my Pelican painting came together – the process of making a friend.
My favourite feedback on this painting:
- Peter: “Beautiful. Well done. I’ve been waiting for a pelican.“
- Grace: “I just love Pelican’s! I had never been up close to one until last year I went to Clearwater Florida there was a dock that had loads of them hanging out waiting for the fisherman’s bait! They are magnificent and your artwork is great!!❤️💜❤️“
- Maria: “Love this guy and the twinkling stars 💖 Very magical ✨”
- Jetta: “That is so beautiful Sandra, and I love the meaning behind it. ♡︎”
- Tonia: “My favourite bird! Beautiful painting, doing justice to such a majestic creature.”
- Tony: “I love watching pelicans fly, they look like they shouldn’t! I liked your video showing how you built Pete up in layers, simple, yet genius 🙂”
Pelican Pete will watch over you, making sure you’re okay.
I love mixing colours to achieve something inspirational. My greatest joy is when my art makes someone else happy.
All artwork is copyright © Sandra Burns. All rights reserved.
Acrylic painting on paper, with Certificate of Authenticity
ONE ONLY, original painting
“Unframed” means you get a cheaper price for the artwork and also gives you the luxury of being able to choose a frame to your liking that suits your own decorating style. Frames are readily available from homeware stores, such as Spotlight or Kmart.