GUM NUTS IN THE MORNING SUN
- 30 cm x 30 cm
(12 x 12 inches)
- Mont Marte ‘Signature’ acrylic paints
- Art Culture 30x30cm Thin 16mm Bar Stretched Canvas
- Edges painted to match the front
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Free shipping
- Ready to hang
- ONE ONLY, original painting
This Australian gum tree painting was inspired by the peace and tranquility of the Australian bush, and I wanted to share the beauty of our gum trees, highlighting the white bark and gum nuts, and leaves glistening in the morning sun. Can you hear the crickets and kookaburras in the distance?
Australian Gum Tree Painting
Why are gum trees called gum trees? Eucalyptus trees are referred to as gum trees because of the thick, sticky resin they ooze when their trunks are injured.
For this painting, I used quality Mont Marte “Signature” acrylic paints on a 30×30 cm Art Culture stretched canvas.
The Indigenous people of Australia, consider the eucalyptus tree as the holy tree, representing the division of the underworld, Earth and heaven. Eucalyptus is said to have a purifying, cleansing effect, similar to sage, that clears away any negative energy in the space it’s burned in. Gum nuts are a symbol of the seeds you sow in life, the protection and strength you offer, or as a sign of your spiritual transformation.
My favourite part of this painting is the gum nuts – it was a thrill to form the bulbous shape and colouring. 💖
A beautiful display of Australiana.
This short video shows how my ‘Gum Nuts in the Morning Sun’ painting came together.
My favourite feedback on this painting:
- Kym: “Incredible Sandra. Girlfriend you certainly are surrounded by so much natural inspiration. Thanks for sharing one of your native trees with us my dear. 🌳 Beautiful painting! 🥰🎨🤩”
- Peter: “This is excellent… Haven’t seen gum nuts for so long!”
- Sophie: “Beautiful. Love it 💯🙌”
- Melanie: “Absolutely gorgeous 💚💚💚”
- Sunette: “It looks very beautiful 😍”
- Sue: “🍃the nuts and leaves have their own beauty, and you captured it 🙌👌👌👌”
- Caroline: “I love this Sandra.“
Keep this Australian gum tree painting on your wall to help clear away any negative energy.
I love mixing colours to achieve something inspirational. My greatest joy is when my art makes someone else happy.
All artwork is copyright © Sandra Burns. All rights reserved.
Acrylic painting on canvas, with Certificate of Authenticity
ONE ONLY, original painting